Log in

No account? Create an account
04 January 2011 @ 03:32 am
sir sucking of suckington of suck  

How was your day world? My day sucked.
Which is actually perhaps not the best description of the stress and emotional drain it actually was, but hey! Sucked is so direct and to the point.

Let me set the stage for this, my dad was supposed to go to this hospital to get a CT scan to better figure out what’s wrong with his lungs. Beyond the scope of he has been smoking for over 50 yrs. You know that whole possibly CANCER thing, plus they wanted to biopsy his lung to test this scary possibility. HOWEVER, as I mentioned he hasn't been eating well and has been getting really weak. SO I was supposed to help him and mom get into a cab like all his other recent doc visits. However on this trip he has gotten so weak he COLLAPSED. Which is pretty much one of the scariest things ever, if I had not been scrambling and helping to steady him both times he would have face planted into the street. YES BOTH TIMES. His legs gave way under him twice, just trying to get him from the door of our building and into a cab. A couple of nice guys actually stopped both times to help. By the second time when we were trying to lead him into the cab he was dead weight and couldn't even move any more.

This tiny delivery man on a bike had stopped and actually LIFTED my dad up and mom moved his legs in and together they were able to get him upright in the cab back seat. If I were not from the most stoic hardy German stock I probably would have had a break down at this point. I was so terrified the act of lifting him would fuck up his lungs worse because of the fluid in his lung. I had to work a closing shift today so originally I was just going to load them into a taxi and then get ready for work. But clearly I had to go with them after all of this so I rode in front with the driver.

I had gone down stairs in a pair of jeans I'd thrown on, my PJ shirt under a hoody and jacket. No belt, no bra, no bag. I had the foresight to stuff my cell in my pocket and my house keys. But I had completely not considered I was going to have to go with them. Thankfully I keep my metrocard stashed in my jacket so I had that with me, and I needed it to get home.

He was pretty out of it for most of the ride to the hospital. Then at some point he started speaking and I was almost in tears I was so relieved, once we got to the hospital I had to get to the ER before them and get someone to bring out a wheelchair. Which took nearly 15 min or more, its hard to say I was freaked out and desperate so who knows.

I do not like this hospital; we had to go to Mount Sinai which is all the way up town, as apposed to the hospital that’s near us that my mom was at when she broke her hip. They had NO staff to help with people who couldn’t walk in on their own, if you weren’t in on ambulance there were no ER people who weren’t behind a desk. I waited with mom and dad after we finally got him in a wheelchair and by the time we had been moved back to the part of the ER with beds I had to leave them so I could go home and finish changing and grab my bag then head to work. I ended up being 30 min late, but I had called my manager from the taxi earlier to let her know I was probably going to be late.

I did end up crying a little around that point because ER's don’t really inspire any sort of confidence in me; they are always a shit show of epic proportions. There was a guy in handcuffs cursing people out and getting moved around the ER why I don’t know. So when I said goodbye to dad there was this gripping fear I'd never see him again. I worked my shift in a state of being emotionally wrung out, it took most of my shift before I was able to kind of cheer up and start acting like my usual self with the customers.

My mom didn’t get home till 12am, and my dad didn’t get an actual hospital room until 11pm. They went ahead and did all the scans and x-rays but they couldn’t get any blood work done because he was too dehydrated, not that stopped them from covering him in needle marks and 5 different people tried before mom flipped the shit out at them. He is there over night and tomorrow they may try the biopsy if he seems in better shape. Although the biopsy procedure might

collapse his lung YEAH. I have no idea how long he is going to be there.



Tags: ,
Current Mood: anxiousanxious
Dusty JackDusty Jack on January 4th, 2011 05:55 am (UTC)
Ugh this all sounds just unbelievably awful. :( Please give your poor parents our love, we're thinking about all of you.
Elspeth Caoilfhionn Kincaide; called Ellevintage_belle on January 4th, 2011 07:08 am (UTC)
There's nothing I can say that wouldn't sound trite, I know. But I really hate that this is happening to you and I'm thinking of you a lot. I'm so sorry, Stevie.
Karenautumnia on January 4th, 2011 11:02 am (UTC)
I'm so, so sorry to hear about all the stress and stuff you've had to deal with! I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts, and hope things will get better.
Obscure Dragondragonluk on January 4th, 2011 01:51 pm (UTC)
I'm hoping you hear better news about your dad soon. Hang in there!
"I wish I could change my Username"chibiqueen on January 4th, 2011 07:57 pm (UTC)
I'm really sorry to hear that this is going on, hopefully they'll take good care of him there. Parental health scares are really awful.